Steve Ipsen, is a 20 year career gang and homicide prosecutor who is currently with the L. A. County District Attorney’s office is a frequent spokesman on behalf of the Three Strikes Law. Here are a few of his quotes from the video news blog.
- “The reason you have a huge spike in gang crimes is because it’s Christmastime in L.A.”
- “L. A. Sheriff Baca is fighting for funding to lock up criminals for their full sentence}
- “Judges sentence criminals to a year in county jail…… and the Sheriff has no space”
- “Criminals get a 50 percent discount on every prison sentence”
- “Criminals are laughing at the system”
- “We spend billions of dollars for police to arrest, prosecutors to prosecute, judges to judge and we build marble court houses and then have no where to house (the criminals)”
According to Steve Ipsen, the political strategy to undermine the Three Strikes Law started ten years ago, when elected officials decided ”We’re not going to build more prisons because we don’t like the three strikes law, we’re going to let overcrowding occur and then some poor governor down the line—who happens to be Governor Schwarzenegger—has Federal judges staring down his…saying ‘you better do something or we’re going to release ’em’ and we’ve got a governor here who’s been sabotaged by a plan orchestrated ten years go—where were the plans to build more prisons?”
Billed as the news behind the news the FULL DISCLOSURE NETWORK™ is an independent, educational, public affairs cable program featured on 43 cable systems and the worldwide Internet website www.fulldisclosure.net. In 2002 the program was presented with a public affairs Emmy Award from the Academy of Television Arts and Sciences for their series entitled “L.A.’s War Against Terrorism”. Channels and airtimes can be found on the website.