LAPD Assistant Chief David Gascon (ret) is a guest commentator who provides his insight on the need for homeland security, following the terrorist attack on the World Trade Center. Gascon discusses the Los Angeles law enforcement policies and the current predicament facing many U. S. cities.
Appearing in the Full Disclosure® series are:
- Former LAPD Chiefs Daryl Gates, Bayan Lewis, Bernard Parks
- Police Commission Presidents Rick Caruso, David Cunningham, Edith Perez
- L. A. County Sheriffs Sherman Block and Leroy Baca
- L. A County Supervisor Michael Antonovich
- LAPD Deputy Chief Art Lopez
- Los Angeles City Councilman Ernani Bernardi
- INS District Director Richard K Rogers
Highlights from the two-part series are:
- Both Daryl Gates and L. A . County Supervisor Mike Antonovich recount the tragic circumstances where police officers died at the hands of criminals who were also illegal aliens. (Click here for transcript of quotes.)
- When LAPD Deputy Chief Art Lopez was asked why the LAPD does not enforce immigration laws he told Full Disclosure host Leslie Dutton “the City Fathers, the City Council and the Police Commission has spoken that we want to provide services to everybody, regardless of their undocumented status. Unless they break the law, then we’re not going to report things to the INS.”
- LAPD's David Gascon, retired Assistant Chief , commented on the 25 year old "don't ask, don't tell" LAPD policy known as Special Order 40 which prohibits local police from enforcing U. S . Immigration Laws.
Full Disclosure® interviews conducted by Host Leslie Dutton over the past fifteen years have documented the frustration and confusion of local law enforcement and District INS officials who often complained of lack of cooperation and lack of funding as the reasons why U.S. immigration laws were not effective.