The Full Disclosure Network® (FDN) is seeking to interview all the Southern California News Directors on the Media coverage on the reappointment of Chief William Bratton and the “May Day Melee” in Mac Arthur Park . This suggestion was first prompted during a Full Disclosure cable TV series to be featured this week end on:
L.A. Cable Channel 36
Sunday (10-21-07) 8-9 p.m
Monday (10-22-07) 4-5 p.m
Click here for other channels & airtimes (45 cable systems)
Southern California News Directors have been sent personal invitations, along with a seven minute DVD video preview of a two-part Full Disclosure® cable television series where a prominent news industry leader suggested that the News Directors would be a valuable resource to provide information how the media is covering the story.
Donald Zachary who serves as Director and Legal counsel for the Radio and Television News Directors Association (RTNA) appeared in the FDN two-part series suggested that Full Disclosure Network® contact the individual News Directors to gain their perspective on the media coverage of the incident and subsequent events. Also appearing in the series is former media personality Xavier Hermosillo, who served as a long-time LAPD disciplinary hearing officer and who is highly critical of the current LAPD Chief's first five year term. Watch a seven minute preview of the series here.
Full Disclosure® is seeking answers to the following questions from the News Directors:
- Should the public and the media question the Police Commission's decision to unanimously reappoint Chief Bratton to a second five year term, in the middle the internal investigation?
- Should the media have questioned Bratton's performance evaluation more extensively?
- Did any media report what happened to the FBI Investigation of the police misconduct in MacArthur Park?
- Was the final report on Mac Arthur Park delayed? Why?
- Did the news organizations press the LAPD for release of the Final Report?
- Does political control of the police department jeopardize media access to information and ability to cover events?
- Will there be live media coverage of Chief Bratton being sworn into office by Mayor Antonio Villaraigosa for a second five-year term on Thursday, October 25, 2007 at the LAPD Police Academy?
The full two-part Full Disclosure Network® series will be aired on L.A. Cable Channel 36 from 8-9 p.m. this Sunday and repeat on Monday from 4-5 p.m. and will be shown on 45 cable systems throughout California over the next several weeks.