WATCH THESE EXCLUSIVE SHOWS TONIGHT & MONDAY ON:
L.A. Cable Channel 36
Sunday, Sept, 30th 8-9 p.m.
Monday, Oct. 1st 4-5 p.m.
- Sheriff Leroy Baca
- Mark Rosenbaum, ACLU’s Legal Director
- Mary Tiedeman ACLU Jail Project Director
- Captain Tim Cornell, LASD Inmate Reception Center
- Mike Gennaco, Chief Attorney LASD Office of Independent Review
- Merrick Bobb, Pres. Police Assessment Resource Center (PARC)
Highlights from the two programs are:
- Explicit details of the numerous problems encountered by both the ACLU monitors and the L.A. County Sheriffs Department are provided in depth.
- Inmate Riots On Video: jail disturbances on video are featured in the FDN preview and series, to demonstrate the circumstances that exist from time to time and explanations for the cause are provided.
- Three Civilian Monitors for the Sheriff: The Board of Supervisors already was contracting with Merrick Bobb of PARC, who describes his goal to make law enforcement “effective”.
- IG Mike Gennaco explains how and why the Sheriff formed the Office of Independent Review with funding from L. A. County Board of Supervisors
- Roy Burns, former head of ALADS comments on the impact of policies developed by the monitors.
Billed as "the news behind the news" the Full Disclosure Network® is an independent, educational, public affairs cable program sponsored by the Citizens Protection Alliance. Produced by host Leslie Dutton and T.J. Johnston the Academy of Television Arts and Sciences presented FDN with a 2001 Emmy Award for the public affairs series entitled "L.A.'s War Against Terrorism". Channels and airtimes. For the past fifteen years FDN has covered critical public policy issues, in-depth, that are often ignored by the mainstream media.