Appearing in the program are:
- Sheriff Mike Carona, Orange County, California
- Anthony Patchett, Former Special Assistant District Attorney (Los Angeles)
- Jan L. Handzlik, Partner of the Howery, LLP law firm & a former Federal prosecutor
- Mark H. Allenbaugh, former Staff Attorney U. S. Sentencing Guidelines Commission and partner Allenbaugh-Samini, LLP
- Leslie Dutton, Full Disclosure Network® host
The programs are being featured on 45 cable systems and available in their entirety on the Internet (FREE) for a short period of time from links below. Thereafter, the Internet access will be available to Full Disclosure Network® subscribers only.
WATCH THE PREVIEW HERE NOW
A few of the points by legal experts in the two-part (1 hr) hour program are:
- Sheriff Carona states at the outset he believes the Federal Court system is fair.
- Is the Federal system free from politics regarding who to prosecute and who not to?
- Legal experts raise signifigant issues with the sentencing guidelines and plea agreements that they say are unfair.
- Innocent defendants are forced to plead guilty to avoid “Draconian” sentences handed out under the Federal guidelines
- Defendants who plead guilty are also forced to waive their right to appeal harsh sentences
- Vast majority of defendants who plead innocent are found guilty of crimes not related to their indictments. i.e. (perjury, obstructing justice, etc.)...the reason, it is too difficult for the Feds to prove their case on initial charges.
- An astounding 95 to 97 % of all individuals Indicted plead guilty in the Federal system
Known as “the news behind the news” Full Disclosure Network® cable television programs are featured on 45 cable systems and the Internet since 1992 and produced by host Leslie Dutton and Producer T. J. Johnston. In 2002 the Full Disclosure® special series “L. A.’s War Against Terrorism” was recognized by the Academy of Television Arts & Sciences with a local Emmy Award for a public affairs, informational series. Channels and airtimes can be found on the website at http://www.fulldisclosure.net/