The FDN series covers the non-enforcement policies of immigration laws in the City of Los Angeles and the struggle between the LAPD, Los Angeles County Sheriff and the Federal government for almost three decades.
L.A. CABLE CHANNEL 36
Sunday, 2-24-08 8-9 p.m. Part 1-Part 2
Monday, 2-25-08 4-5 p.m. Part 1-Part 2
Click Here for A nine minute Internet video preview
Click Here for cable channels and air times by community
This series features video clips from full length Full Disclosure interviews originally videotaped in the 1990's and re-released in 2004 as a two-part series covering top law enforcement and elected officials describing their reasons for enacting the "don't ask, don't tell" LAPD policy on illegal immigrants known as Special Order 40 that is still in force to this day.
Appearing in the Full Disclosure® series are:
- Guest Commentator: LAPD Assistant Chief David Gascon (ret)
- Former LAPD Chiefs Daryl Gates, Bayan Lewis, Bernard Parks
- Police Commission Presidents Rick Caruso, David Cunningham, Edith Perez
- L. A. County Sheriffs Leroy Baca and the late Sherman Block
- L. A County Supervisor Michael Antonovich
- LAPD Deputy Chief Art Lopez
- Los Angeles City Councilman the late Ernani Bernardi
- INS District Director Richard K Rogers
- Host: Leslie Dutton
Here are some highlights from the two-part series:
- Both Daryl Gates and L. A . County Supervisor Mike Antonovich recount the tragic circumstances where police officers died at the hands of criminals who were also illegal aliens. (Click here for transcript of quotes.)
- When LAPD Deputy Chief Art Lopez was asked why the LAPD does not enforce immigration laws he told Full Disclosure® host Leslie Dutton “the City Fathers, the City Council and the Police Commission has spoken (they) want to provide services to everybody, regardless of their undocumented status. Unless they break the law, then we’re not going to report things to the INS.”
- Sheriff Sherman Block describes the enormous cost to the county for jailing criminal illegal aliens.
- L.A. Councilman Ernani Bernardi describes how he derailed the "Sanctuary City" declaration approved by the City Council when he threatened to sponsor a ballot initiative to give voters an opportunity to approve or disapprove such an action by the L. A. City Council.
Full Disclosure® interviews over the past sixteen years have documented the frustration and confusion of local law enforcement and District INS officials who often complained of lack of cooperation and lack of funding as the reasons why U.S. immigration laws were not being enforced. The programs are billed as "the news behind the news" and are produced by Emmy Award winning Host Leslie Dutton and Producer T. J. Johnston. In 2002 the Academy of Television Arts & Sciences presented the program with a local public affairs Emmy for the series "L.A.s War Against Terrorism.".