In a Full Disclosure Network® two-part series Steve Ipsen, President of the Association of Deputy District Attorneys (L. A. County) and Albert Robles, Constitutional Attorney who serves as an elected member of the So. California Water Replenishment Board both contend that corruption is alive and well in Los Angeles County.
Watch this seven minute preview from the series that is featured on 45 cable systems and the internet. The full two-part programs will be available for viewing (for a limited time up to the election) from the Full Disclosure website from the following links:
- Preview-Summary (7:30 min)
- Segment #1 (8 min)Candidates provide background on their careers and qualifications. They present a summary of issues for why they are running against the Incumbent DA Steve Cooley.
- Segment #2 (8 min)Candidates discuss why Steve Cooley is not participating in the U. S. Department of Justice Gang Initiative and address the following issues:
DA non-action policy on deporting illegal alien gang members
Mexican Drug Cartels in City of Cudahy
Impact of Criminal Defense lobby on DA prosecution policies
DA Cooley's campaign contributions from Criminal Defense lobby
- Segment #3 (8 min)Candidates describe the failures and demoralization of the DA's office, and of DA Investigators as body guards and chauffeurs for questionable personal activities.
- Segment #4 (8 min)Both candidates noted the following:
DA's refusal to prosecute pedophile priests in the Catholic Church
DA's non-prosecution policies of powerful people, i.e. Board of Supervisors
Called DA's pay raise "pay back" for looking the other way.
Ethics Violation: Cooley called Jury members "stupid" following the Blake Verdict
- Segment #5 (8 min)Candidates detail issue where there is Corruption in the DA's office:
Belmont Learning Center scandal
Criminal Defense Attorneys influence
DA disbanded environmental crimes unit
Manipulated cases by transfer of expert Deputies
- Segment #6 (8 min)Video disclosure of how DA Investigators were used to conduct an unofficial and unauthorized investigation. Candidates describe DA's failure to investigate MacArthur Park beatings gross negligence at Martin Luther King Hospital.
Challengers Quotes on DA Cooley’s record:
Steve Ipsen:“The corruption that exists in the county that I'm aware of, that I can state here today is with the District Attorney's office.”“This DA doesn't deserve to be paid when he isn't doing his job.”
Albert Robles:“He has refused to prosecute the pedophiles and child molesters that work and still work in the Catholic Church”.“Steve Cooley takes untold amounts of money from the criminal defense sector”.
This series is featured on 45 cable systems starting May 14, 2008. A complete listing of channels and airtimes, by community can be found from this link.